Friday, January 20, 2006

I love Fridays

I love Fridays. I love the end of the week. Yet I'm always at a loss on Fridays. I usually have been in Waco the day before, which is always a busy day. So Friday I don't want to be too incredibly productive. As a matter of fact I don't want to be productive at all. And then when I have something to do or plan for the weekend, I really don't want to think about work! So today, with only ongoing projects on my plate, and a trip to see Cliff & Teresa tomorrow, I'm not feeling overly productive. Plus, I got to thinking about vacations today, and where we could go, and then about my friend's wedding, and what her dress looks like, and...well, and now I'm blogging. So I'm feeling a little guilty, but obviously not guilty enough to quit blogging and get back to work. :) The reason I don't feel that guilty is that I worked all day on Monday, which was supposed to be a holiday. So I figure maybe this morning I could take my holiday. :)

In the meantime, at work I'm going to be starting work on the external website! I'm excited about it, because at the moment I'm too embarassed of our web site to tell anyone to go there. And there's nothing really there, for that matter. So I'm going to work on it--make it look like it belongs in the 20th century, streamline the navigation, and maybe add some useful tools on there. I'm excited about it, and it really needs to be done, but I know I'll have to jump through a lot of hoops to get it all approved. It's dumb how no one looks at the web site--hardly even knows it exists--until I want to make a change to it. Then suddenly it's a really big deal and everyone has to have their opinion heard about the matter. So I've got a meeting set up for a couple of weeks from now in which I plan to "unveil" the new website. I've already got it started on my own server (is that the right word? It's on my website, whatever I mean), so I'll have it up on the web for everyone to see, and I can "wow" everyone with the amazing-ness of the new site, so there will be no discussion and they'll just let me do whatever I want to do with it--plus give me a bonus for my genius.

:)

Hey, I can dream!

But I guess two weeks isn't really that far away, so maybe I better do something today. There are only so many times I can check other people's blogs (come on, people, you gotta post more often!).

So...back to the grindstone. No more slacking for the day. I'll be good, I promise. :)

6 comments:

  1. I am feeling unproductive on this particular Friday too. And I didn't work on Monday. Hey, on the web design, do you use GoLive? Or CSS? Or what? How did you learn? I want to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again. I looked at the Texas Life site. It does need some work. Are you going to use the blue people? Do you use the blue people a lot? I don't like the blue people. John calls them the blue people. I don't think he likes the blue people either. How many times did I say blue people? Blue people blue people blue people. Yes, my Friday has been unproductive too, can't you tell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think you like Fridays b/c of the cat? Or the cat b/c of Fridays? Or since Friday (the day) and Friday (the cat) are both so great, they just expound on one another into a conglomeration of perpetual greatness?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making up for not having commented on your blog in a while. Now I'm going to lunch. Sorry that you saw you had four comments and then they all came from me. Must be a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your new web design looks like the 21st century, not the 20th! The calendar changed over while you were in HS. :) I know, I know, you were too busy to notice. :)

    You WILL wow them... because you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your new web design looks like the 21st century, not the 20th! The calendar changed over while you were in HS. :) I know, I know, you were too busy to notice. :)

    You WILL wow them... because you're the best!

    ReplyDelete