Monday, January 02, 2012

It's a New Year

It's January second, and people all over the world are making resolutions...or resolving to make none. Some people have already broken their resolutions, and some will wait to March to get around to making any.

My resolutions actually started a few weeks back. I have gotten into a lazy pattern at home, allowing a cycle of chaos to roll on to the point where it seems that things seem to have hit critical mass around here, and something has to change. So...resolutions.

  • Become an early bird. James has settled into a 6am schedule. Usually I do all I can to fight it--or remain as asleep as possible while allowing him to babble next to me in bed--but when it's time to really get up (the last possible minute), it's my schedule that controls me, instead of the other way around.
    • Set the alarm for 6am. Rise earlier if James gets up earlier.
    • Get ready for bed at 10pm
    • Take my shower at night, so I'm ready to hit the ground running
  • Be in control of my house.
    • Use My Simpler Life's declutter schedule as a guide through the year to help me declutter
    • Use Time-Warp Wife's house cleaning schedule as a guide for cleaning my house
    • Take weekly photos of my house, since I'm more aware of clutter when I see it in 2D. Weird? Maybe.
    • Have my mom and others keep me accountable and encourage me often.
    • Read two books about organizing/decluttering
  • Bring my photography business to a more professional level.
    • Finalize design for pricing brochure, and find an inexpensive way to have it printed/folded
    • Create client information sheets and order forms
    • Attend at least one photography seminar this year
    • Research and finalize decision about new camera body, and start saving!
  • Blog more
    • Done!

4 comments:

  1. I like the house cleaning schedule! I printed one out to try too. I am BAD at housecleaning! Picking things up, yes, but really cleaning, not so much. As for reading books about organizing, there is one called 52 Bites by simple mom that I would like to read. Yay for blogging more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. should any of those photography seminars be in Dallas, you know you have a place to stay! good resolutions...and I'd love to help you stay accountable for decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good blog! We're on your team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this information. It has helped me to know more about
    what is capital gain

    ReplyDelete