- I saw a box of toilet paper rolls that had blown up all over the highway. Toilet paper was everywhere! It was funny, probably only because it was toilet paper.
- I've decided not to worry about Friday and the tree. He has access to it all night long, without me constantly shooing him away from it, and yet the tree still stands. He must not be as hard on it as I think, or that's one solid tree.
- I locked myself out of the car while I was in Waco last week. Nice. The locksmith had to come, couldn't use the long wire thing to unlock it, and had to make a new key just by looking at the key inside the car (which was conveniently--and tauntingly--sitting on the driver's side seat). It was amazing. And now I have a spare!
- I am thankful that Jon makes sure we have AAA, which happens to pay for locksmiths.
- I'm also thankful for Security Guy Carl. He was very worried about me being out in the cold, and made me wait in the office until the locksmith came. Then, I came back out, and wanted to watch the whole process (because it was interesting), but Security Guy Carl really wanted me to go inside so I wouldn't get cold. (My coat was also taunting me from the confines of my car.) He even tried, "I have daughters your age, and I can make you go in." or something like that. I'm pretty sure his daughters are much older than me. I would guess he has granddaughters closer to my age, but I didn't say anything. He was finally happy when I was wrapped in a two-times-too-big jacket with SECURITY emblazoned on the chest, and a fleece neckwarmer thing, only wrapped around my head like a hat. I thought I looked like a cool snowboarder type. I'm sure I did.
- As I was heading to Waco earlier that morning (oblivious to the adventures of the day), the passenger side door, which had been frozen shut when I tried to open it in the morning, decided to thaw out and open while I was driving down the highway at 70 mph.
- Two girls in our class have had babies in the past three weeks! We're going to meet one of the new babies tonight, and bring the couple supper. I'm making Leanna's mom's famous chicken enchiladas! It's amazing how easy it is to commit to cooking for someone else's family. I've been married for four years, and have made the enchiladas...once, maybe? I should cook more, especially if it involves Leanna's mom's famous chicken enchiladas! And it should be cold more often, so that I actually feel like cooking.
- I'm looking at a 9x11 Gladware pan that says it can be put in the oven. Could this be the answer to my I-hate-to-do-dishes-There-should-be-disposable-cookware problem?
- Our marketing/sales team at work is having their big meeting this week, so that means three days in Waco! It's always a neat meeting, because I get a sense of the big picture. It's also very tiring, and requires a lot of work ahead of time.
- My friend, Cliff, is raising support for his position at Frontiers ministry. If you'd like to be a part of furthering the Kingdom, or just have a lot of money to unload before the end of the year for tax purposes, then I'll get you in touch with him!
- I had an impromtu Daddy Daughter Date last Friday (after I finally got my car unlocked), and it was a lot of fun. I would recommend for anyone who's close enough to their dad to meet halfway to do so!
- I got to take pictures of my neighbor's baby, Sophia, yesterday for their Christmas pictures. Sophia is a smiley baby, so it was pretty easy. I'll put up a photo, if any turn out. :)
Hippotherapy for James - Contrary to popular belief, "hippotherapy" is therapy using horses, not hippos. James LOVES horses, so I was excited to start hippotherapy at Hope Landing ...
3 years ago