Monday, August 03, 2009

Random Thoughts for the Day

  1. My kitties are snuggled among the neatly folded stacks of laundry on my bed. They're so cute.
  2. Today I scrubbed, sanded and painted a freezer we bought for $50 on Craig's list. I had to wait 'til evening when it was cool enough to paint. I got the first coat on before it was dark. It will definitely need another coat. Now I have a freezer with wet paint in my front yard. Didn't really think ahead on that one. I need to figure out a way to get it back in the garage before I go to bed, or someone else will have a freshly painted white freezer! Maybe everyone will realize it's wet paint and they won't touch it. The june bugs didn't get the memo, though. I had to pick two of them out of the paint already!
  3. I've also been working on a ghetto cat scratcher. It's a revamp of the ghetto cat tree. Pictures to come!
  4. Full-time-mom-hood has been a transition for sure, especially given the crazy last month. I'm hoping August is much calmer!
  5. The beach was great. Definitely ended July on a high note.
  6. Jon finally accepted the higher-pay position at his current job. He'll start a month of training in a couple of weeks. It's been kind of a disappointment for us; we were sure he would have found a job by now, and are confused about God's timing of things. However, we recognize the blessing of a job, and thank God for it.
  7. Jon got pulled over on Saturday...and got off with a warning! The police officer asked him what he did for a job; Jon told him he was a security officer. The policeman told him he needed to be on the police force and even wrote down a web site for him to check out. As we drove off, we mused that perhaps this was the clear direction we'd been praying for. We'll ask God someday, "Why were You silent when we asked for Your will?" And He'll tell us, "I sent a cop and pulled you over to tell you what to do in life. What more did you need?" Despite that, we don't think the police force is in our future.
  8. You cannot make chocolate milk by mixing hot chocolate mix with cold milk. The chocolate powder stays mysteriously on top of the milk, no matter how hard you stir.
  9. When I was a kid I loved reading Nancy Drew books, but couldn't read them at night because they gave me bad dreams. I've been reading a mystery series lately, and found that I am still a weenie. Even my fairly docile mystery books are giving me bad dreams.
  10. Nothing else to say, but couldn't leave it with just 9. Good night all!

3 comments:

  1. My puppy loves laundry too. Glad you got a freezer, an had a great beach adventure. And congrats to Jon for the new job, may not be what you were hoping, but it does mean they respect and like Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to give you my copy of Number One Ladies Detective Agency...you really should try it if you want a mystery that is not scary at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way about "scary" stories before bed (can't watch crime/mystery shows on TV, either). I like to see it as a sign of a healthy and active imagination!

    ReplyDelete