Monday, April 10, 2006

Weekend Project

This past weekend was the perfect weekend for a Spring Project. Anyone who's seen these benches before know they were grey, weathered and rickety. I sanded them down, tightened all the screws, and primed and painted Friday night and Saturday morning. On Saturday, I planted all my seeds in my new pots. Thank you, everyone, for the gardening things for my birthday!

Now this is the view I see from my window as I work. When the paint cures enough the long pots will go on the benches. I can't wait to see the plants start to come up!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely!! What kind of seeds did you plant? Aren't you the handy-woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planted several flowers: cosmos, sweet pea, alyssum... and even more vegetables (we'll see if they like the pots or not): peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and several herbs.

    I hope it works! I really don't have a very green thumb. I seem to be better at handy-woman kind of stuff much more than other things, so we'll see what happens. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. :)

    ReplyDelete