Friday, February 23, 2007

Photo Blog

Because I haven't come up with anything good to post in forever, I'm just posting photos today.

First, a slideshow of the world's biggest yawn.



Next, a photo of little Sophie. She's starting to crawl, and I got to babysit her last weekend!

We had a new bird come to our feeders! I just added suet to the menu, and evidently this Downy Woodpecker likes it! (I thought it was a Hairy Woodpecker, but the beak seems too small...still a funny name, though.)

And in case you didn't see enough of Friday....

5 comments:

  1. Yea! for Friday pictures. Love them...never too many! And yes, what an interesting bird...let me know if you find out what it is. OR I can forward it to my A&M buddies and they certainly figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's seriously a Downy Woodpecker. That's the name. A Hairy Woodpecker looks just like it but has a longer beak. I don't have two to compare, but I'm thinking this looks like a shorter beak, so that makes it a Downy.

    I have a handy dandy bird book with pictures from my dad. Usually, I have three kinds of birds: sparrows, doves and finches. So when another kind shows up, I get pretty excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yawn was so huge...I think I saw myself on the other end of him. Or maybe his stomach...or maybe you. .... or maybe your cat just has a huge mouth! I'm going to zoo orientation tomorrow (called in just the nick of time for their monthly meeting)...I'm excited!!!! (see my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice sleepy cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to take more pictures of a grown Bailey. I can't really catch him in his sleep, though. Mainly because he sleeps on me and usually when I don't have a camera nearby.

    ReplyDelete