Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Creative Suite 4 Announced!


Today, Adobe has announced the latest version of the Creative Suite: CS4. If you're a designer/photographer/illustrator, you'll know what that is. If not, it is the gold standard in creative software, providing InDesign for print, Photoshop for images, Illustrator for graphics, and Dreamweaver for web.

The initial thoughts on the upgrade seem to be pretty good--it's certainly a far cry from the original CS, which is what I have on my home computer--and I hope to upgrade, at least with Photoshop. I have CS3 on my work laptop, and I'm not sure I'll recommend the upgrade there...I usually upgrade every other time, because in reality, I can put out good work with what I have, despite the fact that something new and shiny has come out. However, it's not that expensive to upgrade--a drop in the bucket for my work, if not for myself--so maybe I'll go ahead and suggest it.

If you're interested, check out more information from CreativePro.com. CS4 is scheduled to come out in October!

4 comments:

  1. You're kidding. It never ends does it? I don't think my bank account can keep up with Adobe and the cool Apple machines I wish I could run it on.

    Drop in the bucket, huh? We must be working on different budgets! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drop in the bucket for my company, NOT for me! The upgrade is $600, which is less than they spent on each 27" monitor they just supplied the whole company with--except in my cubicle...hm....

    They put out an official upgrade every 18 months, so yeah, for myself, not necessary to upgrade every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely ask for the upgrade (and upgrade your OS while you're at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check it out:
    http://wnorvell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete