Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Marketing, Chonko-style

Just wanted to make quick note of this. One of my goals for work is to gain a better knowledge of the marketing aspect of my job. I know how to kern titles much better than I know when to start a new ad campaign. So, I was charged with finding a class I could take. Today, I checked out UT Arlington, and guess who is teaching Intro to Marketing? Dr. Chonko. The professor every B-school student at Baylor had for Intro to Business. As an art student passing through the suits and briefcases of the B-school every day, I never imagined I would be taking Chonko's class! Depending on the times available, I may not take him (and maybe I shouldn't...I don't even know if he's a good professor), but it's still crazy that the option is there.

7 comments:

  1. Isn't he supposed to be hard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gimme a buzz this week. If you're free I'd love to get together Friday night or something. I lover my Lyd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My roomie's hub, Jim Turkett, teaches a class at UTA, but I think it's probably in Economics...wouldn't work for your needs.

    How crazy is it that this Chonko guy is there now?

    Hope you find an interesting, easy class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I remember Angela talking about Chonko. I can't remember if she said it was hard or not, but she didn't like it. He made them read the NY Times and Wall Street Journal and take quizzes I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, from what I remember, I think I would stay away too. Better to be safe than sorry! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I avoided Chonko by taking Intro to Business at MCC... I would pick someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone, for the input! I will accordingly choose the OTHER professor!

    ReplyDelete